We are part of the West Penn Allegheny Health System
Susan Yu, B.S.
BS, Computer Sciences, University of Manitoba, Manitoba, Canada
BS.N and Diploma in Nursing, West China University of Medical Sciences, China
- Biological data processing and database management
- Human-computer interaction
- Administrate and manipulate biological database system
- Program database-driven custom application
- Support intellectual analysis of macroarray and re-array
- Program interface between liquid handling robots, which prepares insert DNAs for microarray spotting, its cognate spectrophotometer, and the gridding robot
Honors & Awards
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) for Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 with the specialty of security
Shen K, Antalis P, Gladitz J, Sayeed S, Ahmed A, Yu S, Hayes J, Johnson S, Dice B, Dopico R, Keefe R, Janto B, Chong W, Goodwin J, Wadowsky RM, Erdos G, Post JC, Ehrlich GD, Hu FZ. 2005. Identification, distribution, and expression of novel (nonRd) genes in ten clinical isolates of nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae. Infect Immun 73;6:3479-3491.
Shen K, Gladitz J, Antalis P, Dice B, Janto B, Keefe R, Hayes J, Ahmed A, Dopico R, Ehrlich N, Jocz J, Kropp L, Yu S, Nistico L, Greenberg DP, Barbadora K, Preston RA, Post JC, Ehrlich GD, Hu FZ. Characterization, distribution and expression of novel genes among eight clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae. Infect Immun, In Press, January 2006.