||We are part of the West Penn Allegheny Health System
Data Analysis Facility
This office houses:
- The data storage and analysis center (Figure R12) containing a high-end LINUX server with mirrored backup of all critical systems.
- CGS's internal private gigabyte network.
- A multiple terabyte data warehousing station for online storage of and CLSM and Macroarray analyses.
- A Database server housing the GENOMICS and Progeny databases designed by Dr. Ehrlich. GENOMICS contains over 35,000 specimen records accessible through Windows client software.
- A 5 computer cluster for dstributed BLAST searches for high throughput comparative genomics.
- A new AMD 64-bit Opteron with dual core CPUs and 16GB of RAM is ready to roll out to speed up the BLAST search engine.
- Another AMD 64-bit server has been ordered to empower the sequence assembly and gap closure tasks.
- Numerous software packages for data manipulation are available locally and through Internet hookups.